The Coronavirus pandemic has and will most probably impact on your family. I can help you if you face employment issues that will impact on you and your family.
Here is a link to some Government guidance
In essence in relation to employees:
- Work from home unless it is impossible for you to do so.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- £94.25 per week Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) if you’re too ill to work up to 28 weeks.With Agreement you can be furloughed and get paid 80% of your wages, up to £2,500 per month
- Self-Employed able to claim Universal Credit
- If your eligibility for Universal Credit then support for rental costs will be paid through Universal Credit
This may help you and your family.
Furlough and Family
Furlough is a leave of absence. It allows employee to be temporarily absent, not to do any work that makes the company money but will still get paid.
To be furloughed should be agreed between the parties.
Furloughed Employees have the same rights as they did before being furloughed which includes but is not limited to redundancy payments.
I can help if you need advice and assistance regarding furlough.